The financial journey is full of joy and pain… sunshine and rain. (I seriously just did a B-Boy body rock after typing that.)
Okay, okay let’s get semi- serious.
The financial journey is rewarding but it is not always without challenges. We often hit bumps and minor road blocks along the way that can discourage us from proceeding or knock us off our game. But those events are not an indication to pull off the road.
Challenges are an opportunity to utilize the information you have gained and persevere in the face of adversity.
My Fab Finance isn’t my first attempt at blogging. I moved to New York in 2008 with a music blog that highlighted indie artists. Despite achieving minor success, I wasn’t able to generate income running the site. Two years later I decided to close the site. The out of the blue I had the idea to start My Fab Finance. I initially started the site to document my journey to financial freedom, in hopes of earning free clothes.
I just wanted some free clothes y’all!
I had an epiphany while traveling through Europe. I loved My Fab Finance and the projects I was involved in. I met a few other bloggers that were able to create income from blogging and changing lives and a new possibility was unveiled to me. I set out to generate enough money through My Fab Finance to earn a respectable side income. I wrote down positive affirmations and began saying what I wanted every day.
And guess what? It WORKED!
This month I hit my $25,000 a month sales goal. It didn’t happen overnight and there were days I wanted to quit, but my affirmations and prayers kept me going. It became the script I used to talk myself out of negative places.
I firmly believe in the law of attraction. I have seen it work repeatedly in my own life which is why I wanted to share a few with you to help you along your journey.
Here’s How To Use Them
- Write down at least 2 of your favorites or create your own.
- Post your affirmations in a place that you walk by every day. Mine are posted on my bedroom mirror.
- Make it a practice to repeat the affirmations to yourself as often as you can throughout the day. Continue to do repeat these affirmations, even if the results aren’t immediate. Things will begin to happen.
The only thing I ask is that as changes begin to occur in your life, please share them with me. I love to see the power of positive thinking transform individuals lives.
Here are a few affirmations that you can pull from as you walk your journey.
- I move from poverty thinking to prosperity thinking and my finances reflect this change. – LaToya Joseph
- I am a money magnet. – Jamie Fleming-Dixon
- I am debt free. Money is constantly flowing into my life. – LaTrice Worthy
- I walk in abundance all my needs are met. – Monique Parker
- All demands have been fulfilled and every need has been provided for. – Jennifer Terry
- My steps are ordered, my finances are in order, and I embrace abundance. – Bianca Michelle
- My money makes money. – Asiah Charles
- I love money. Money flows easily into my life. – Melody Bundy
- My money consciousness is always increasing and keeping me surrounded by money. – Sasha Be
- I am a good steward over my blessings. – Alicia Williams
- I control my money, my money does not control me. – Keeyana M. Avery
- I create wealth and live rich in faith, love and family. – Ijana Nathaniel
- I walk in my purpose. Peace, healthy, and wealth with follow. – Marquita Ki Fokus
- My self-worth and net worth are growing. – Janese Evans
- Every day I am attracting and saving more and more money. – Angela Beaty
Thank you to all of the individuals that participated in the contest and shared their affirmation.
We believe in the power of affirmations so much that we created a special deck of cards so that you can carry these powerful reminders with you everywhere you go.
Check out our Affirmation of Abundance Cards in the shop.