The fabulously brilliant T.Espinoza is back!. You probably remember T from the print mixing post . She was also one of the ladies who participated in the #8for30 challenge with me or you might have seen her on Black and Married with Kids. T is the Style Medic and she is here to dish out her budget friendly fashion advice. I’m so happy to connect and learn from her and share her with you beautiful folks.
If you want more of T you can find her at The StyleMedic.Com .
Recently, a reader posted this question on our Facebook fan page: “
I dunno about y’all but I definitely have days when I wake up and think “I am not wearing heels today!” These days are usually preceded by a nine hour day where I was trottin’ around in 4 inch stilettos and my feet have not yet forgotten. I spend most of my time at a desk but that walk to my office is a country mile and I have the added issue of being a busy body who just can’t stay seated. On the days when I’m craving comfort but still want to look fly, I turn to my cutest flats to take me through my day.
Luckily flats are always in style… it’s just a matter of which style you choose and what you pair them with. So whether you decide to go classic or trendy, here are some tips on how to fashionably wear flats!
1. Choose styles carefully. Pointy toe flats work best with wide leg pants while round toe ballet flats work best with ankle length pant styles that show a little skin. **Extra credit** When buying pants, decide whether you’ll wear them with flats or heels.
2. Make sure your pants aren’t too long. If they’re dragging the ground, you’ll look sloppy and you’ll probably end up with damaged pants. Not a good look.
Lauren over at Stylized Existence put together these 3 looks for work. Click the here to check her out!
3. Try flats in stylish colors, luxe fabrics and textures to add some flair to your look.
4. Choose quality. Sure you can snag a pair a flats at the local beauty supply store for $12.99 but they will look and feel like $12.99 shoes. In the case of shoes, you get what you pay for and if you want these to last more than a couple of wears or seasons, you definitely want to choose quality over convenience.
5. Don’t forget the details! Most flat styles are pretty simple so jazz up the rest of your outfit with bold details and accessories. You could also opt for a pair with embellishments like studs or buckles to up the Fab factor on a basic look.
6. Rocking a skirt with your flats? Choose a shorter skirt that falls away from your hips and hits you right above the knee to avoid looking stumpy. You could also cheat a little and rock a kitten heel or sliver of a wedge to give you a little boost.
Here are some options to get you started:
1. Sole Society Lizzi t-strap flat, $50 | 2. Zara Suede Leather Ballerina With Bow, $60 |3. ASOS MARKY Leather Brogues, $62 | 4. OASIS Metal Insert Pointed Flat, $35 | 5.Steve Madden Vamp Leopard Multi, $100 | 6. DV by Dolce Vita Mariko Oxford Flat, $59.95 | 7. MICHAEL Michael Kors Delphine Ballet Flat, $125 $100
What say you? How do YOU rock flats?